Last week I got the chance to visit an apple farm in Helsinki, where one can go and freely pick apples from the trees. As the harvest was better than expected, I was left with a lot of apples that needed to be used. Since I had plenty, I decided to switch up my usual apple preservation by making my own creations out of these apples: Apple Caramel and Apple Compot.
Both recipes surprised me positively and were a hit, especially when paired with porridge! As I’m hoping to get my hands on some more of these apples soon, I’d love to hear what are your best apple recipes and tips 🍎
TIP! You can make an apple pie by switching the blueberries to chopped apples in the Easy Fluffy Blueberry Pie recipe + add a pinch of cardamom, cloves and cinnamon to the batter before baking 🥧
Single serving of the Porridge 🥣
2 dl Oats
0,5 dl Water
1,5 dl Oat milk
Pinch of salt
Apple Caramel 🍮
10 small Apples
3 tsp Vegan butter
1,5 dl Brown sugar
1,5 dl Agave syrup
Apple Compot 🍎
Making the Porridge:
- Measure all of the ingredients on to a pot and cook on medium heat until the porridge has thicken. Pour the porridge to a bowl of your choice and finish with the Apple Toppings.
Apple Caramel making:
- Wash and chop the apples in to very small cubes. Add the chopped apples to a pan with the butter and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. The apples should be getting a bit more translucent.
- Add both the brown sugar and agave to the apples and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked apple and sugar mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the blended mix through a sieve and ENJOY ❤️
Creating the Apple Compot:
- Wash and chop the apples to chunks. Add the apples with the rest of the ingredients on to a plan and cook over medium heat until the apples get slightly mushy. TIP! Add a bit of water to the pan if the apples start to stick.
Leave a Reply