Sweet honeydew melon, agave and soy marinated chickpeas, crunchy butter carrots…. This delicious recipe is great for those days when you have guests coming over and you might not know everyone’s food preferences! Letting everyone decide their favourite toppings on the bowl is what makes this dish super simple and stress-free. Feel free to adjust, change and leave out ingredients or parts of the recipe to fit your preferences – and ENJOY 💚
No-Sushi Sushi Rice base (4 people) 🍚
250 g Arborio rice
1-1,5 l water
1 tbsp Canola oil (or other neutral oil of your preference)
1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
Making the rice:
- Heat up the oil in a pot over a stove and add rice. Sauté the rice for a few minutes until the rice gets a bit translucent (but make sure the rice doesn’t burn or get dark brown).
- Add the water to the rice gradually, 2 dl at the time. When the water has been absorbed, keep adding the water and stirring until the rice is cooked fully. You might need more or less water than in the recipe, so there’s no right or wrong amount!
- Lastly, add the rice wine vinegar to the slightly cooled rice and mix everything together.
Agave-Soy Marinated Chickpeas
2 cans of Chickpeas
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Agave syrup
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
How to make it:
- Add all of the ingredients into either a Ziploc bag or a container that has a lid.
- Close the Ziploc bag / container lid and shake to mix everything together and let the chickpeas marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas have been marinated, pour everything (including the marinade) onto a pan and fry over a medium heat until the marinade has absorbed to the chickpeas.
Buttered Carrots and Radishes 🥕
200 g Mini carrots
250 g Radishes
3 tbsp Vegan butter
Making the dish:
- Wash both carrots and radishes. Cut both veggies into halves.
- Add the butter to a pan and fry over a medium heat until the colour of the butter turns slightly brown.
- Add the cut veggies onto the pan and sauté in the butter for 3-5 minutes. Both carrots and radishes should be slightly crunchy after the frying.
Other toppings 🥣
2 Spring onions
½ Honeydew melon
1 Small head of purple cauliflower
Pickled ginger on top of the bowl
Preparing the toppings:
Cucumber: Cut into small cubes.
Spring onion: Slice the green parts into rings.
Honeydew melon: Cut into small cubes.
Purple cauliflower: Crumble / cut into cauliflower “rice”.
Avocado: Slice into small cubes.
Assembling the bowl:
Add rice on the bottom of a bowl and finish everything by adding your favourite toppings!
TIP! You can add sesame seeds on top of the bowl for some extra crunch and flavour.
Leave a Reply