This savory, garlicy, buttery goodness is a perfect paring for any autumn meal. Or then you can just enjoy this delicious dish as it is – as I did!
Despite this recipe taking some time, it’s simple to make and makes for a fun activity to do with friends or family. So if you’re hosting a dinner party or want to take some time to cook with love, this is the perfect recipe for you!
Make sure you’re subscribing to the blog so you won’t miss out on our new recipes!
Vegan Gnocchi 🍝
1 kg Potatoes
3 dl Flour
1 Clove of garlic
1 tsp Salt
Garlic and Rosemary Butter 🧄
100 g Vegan butter (I used Violife’s Vioblock)
4 cloves of Garlic
2 sticks of Rosemary
Making the dish:
- Peel and boil the potatoes in salted water until they’re soft. Once the potatoes are fully softened and drained, mash the potatoes finely.
- To the mashed potatoes, add the flour, finely minced garlic clove and salt. Knead the dough in the mixing bowl until everything is is nicely combined (the dough can be “flakey”).
- Pour the dough to a floured surface and continue kneading until you’re left with a firm dough ball (make sure you add more flour to the dough when kneading if the ball keeps sticking badly to the surface).
- Divide the dough to 4 pieces and roll each piece to a long stick, about 2-3 cm in diameter. Cut the sticks to even smaller 1 cm pieces and roll each piece to a ball. Put 2 liters of water on the stove to start boiling and make sure you salt the water well.
- To start making the sauce, add the butter and sliced garlic to a pan on medium heat. Once the butter has melted and the garlic has been frying for 2-3 minutes. Add the rosemary sticks to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Keep stirring and cooking the butter mix for another few minutes. Remove the rosemary sticks before you add the gnocchi to the butter mix.
- In the meantime, boil the gnocchi in the salted water until the pieces have risen to the surface. Remove and drain the gnocchi and add them to the pan with the butter. Continue stirring until the butter has coated each piece and then serve + ENJOY 💛
Leave a Reply