Spring is finally here and that only means one thing – asparagus season! This risotto brings out the best in both the asparagus and the creamy cashew sauce, making the dish a perfect pairing for spring and summer.
To get more food inspiration for the upcoming spring and summer, make sure to follow the blog by subscribing at the end of this post. You’ll get notified whenever a new recipe is uploaded and thus, won’t miss any mouthwatering dishes!
3 dl Risotto rice
0,75 l Vegetable stock
1 tsp Oil
500 g Asparagus
3 small Red onions
4 cloves of Garlic
2 tsp Oil
200 g Raw cashew nuts
0,25 l Vegetable stock
1 whole Red chili
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Black pepper
Juice of half a lemon
- In a large pot, heat up the oil and add the risotto rice. Stir until the rice gets a bit translucent.
- Start adding 1-1,5 dl of vegetable stock to the rice at the time. Stir and let the liquid absorb to the rice and keep adding the stock until you’ve got 1 dl of liquid left (this will be used later). Remove the risotto from the heat and set it aside to wait.
Making the sautéed asparagus:
- Slice the onions and garlic finely and wash and dry the asparagus. Cut off the asparagus’ woody ends (aroud 5-7 cm) and slice the rest of the asparagus into 1 cm slices leaving the tops untouched.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and add the onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes and add the asparagus. Keep stirring everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a lid to the pan and turn off the heat. Let the asparagus, onion and garlic sit on the pan for a few more minutes. Set the pan aside to wait with the lid still on.
Making the cashew-chili cream:
- Start by soaking the cashews in boiling hot water. Leave the cashews in the boiling water to soak for at least 45 minutes. Drain after 45 minutes.
- To a blender, add the cashews, chili, lemon juice, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth (this takes about 3-4 minutes).
Putting everything together:
- To the risotto base, add the sautéed asparagus and cashew-chili cream. Mix everything together until you get an evenly creamy risotto. Serve with freshly cracked black pepper on top and ENJOY 💚
Leave a Reply