It’s time for another weekend tapas combo 🎉 This combination of the creamy Bruschetta and a tangy Pamela will, without a doubt, get your guests to compliment your cooking skills (and don’t worry if you’re enjoying this all by yourself, at least you don’t have to share this deliciousness with anyone).
We’d also like to know, what you would like to see as the next Tapas + Drink combo. So leave a comment to this post telling us what ingredient or recipe you’d want to see veganized next!
For the Cashew cream 🥜
400 g Natural cashew nuts
1 l Boiling water
3 Cloves of garlic
1 big handful of Basil
1 dl Neutral oil
1 tbsp Salt
For the Bruschettas 🥖
250 g Cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp Oil
For Pamela the Drink 🍹
4 cl Blood orange gin
3 cl Elderflower concentrate
2 cl Lemon juice
Making the Cashew cream:
- Add the cashews into a big heat-resistand dish and add the boiling water on top of the nuts. Let the cashews soak for at least 1 hour, preferrably overnight.
- Add the soaked and drained cashews to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until you’re left with a smooth cream like paste (this can take up to 10 minutes with a not-so-powerful blender, so give your blender some breaks in between the blends).
Making the Bruschettas:
- Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven safe dish and add the oil on top. Bake the tomatoes in a 180 C oven for around 25 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly golden and wilted.
- When the tomatoes are ready, take them from the oven and add salt and pepper on top.
- Slice the ciabatta into slices and toast either on the toaster or on an pan.
- Assemble the Bruschetta by spreading the Cashew cream on top of the baguette slice, followed by the cherry tomatoes. TIP! Garnish the Bruschetta by placing a leaf of basil on top. Then ENJOY 💚
Making Pamela the Drink:
- To make the drink, add all of the Pamela ingredients to a shaker. Shake the drink for 1 minute. Pour into the glass of your choice and garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
Leave a Reply