Looking for the perfect summer salad which is both filling and refreshing? Look no further! I came up with the salad during the previous heatwave, when I felt like having something salty but wasn’t feeling like having chips nor something warm. Adjust the recipe to your liking by adding and removing ingredients you might not like. Try it out and let me know what you think!
TIP! As the recipe gives you plenty of salad for 4 people, feel free to make half a batch for yourself.
🍅 What you’ll need for the salad:
250g Cherry tomatoes
1-2 tbsp Capers
1 dl Black olives
1 Small red onion
400g Pasta of your choice
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
0,5-1 tsp Chili flakes
🥒 For the Tzatziki dressing:
250g Oat fraiche or Vegan Greek yoghurt
2-3 Cloves of garlic
1 tsp Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Vegan feta cheese (Violife Greek White is my personal favourite)
Making the tzatziki:
- Finely grade the cucumber into a bowl, add a generous amount of salt and mix. Let the cucumber and salt mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime mix the Oat fraiche (or alternative), minced garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl.
- When the cucumber and salt mixture has set for 5-10 minutes, drain the cucumbers from the liquid so that you’re left with dry cucumber pulp. TIP! You can put the mixture to a cheese cloth and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add the drained cucumber pulp to the Oat fraiche mixture and mix everything together.
How to make the salad:
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set it off to cool down.
- Finely dice the cucumber and tomatoes and add them into a big mixing bowl. Slice the black olives and red onion into thin slices and add them to the bowl, as well.
- Lastly, add the spices, capers, tzatziki and cooled down pasta and mix everything together. Then ENJOY 💙
Leave a Reply