It’s time for the FIRST recipe which has stolen my vegan heart 💛 It’s a perfect summer treat for all the lemon lovers out there! As making this cake is super easy and quick, what’s stopping you from grabbing that bowl and whisk from the kitchen right now?
2,5 dl All-purpose flour
1 dl Granulated sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla sugar
0,5 dl Neutral oil of your choice (I used canola oil, but if you like coconut flavour, then use melted coconut oil)
2 dl Plant based milk (I used soy milk)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
0,5 dl Powdered sugar
2 tbsp Lemon juice
Vegan butter for lining the baking pan
How to make the cake:
- Make the cake by first combining the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then gradually add the rest of the ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix gently together to form a smooth batter.
- Butter the baking pan. After the pan is buttered, transfer the lemon loaf batter into the pan and bake the loaf in 180 C for 30-40 minutes until the top of the loaf is slightly golden in colour.
- When the cake is ready, you should be able to poke the cake with a toothpick without the cake batter sticking into the toothpic when pulled out.
- Let the loaf cool for at least 15-20min.
Making the glaze:
- Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze onto the cooled lemon loaf and ENJOY 💛
Leave a Reply