This recipe goes out to all the garlic lovers out there! Fingerfoods and tapas are one of my personal favourite things to cook. This food and drink combination gives you a delicious glimpse of the Finnish flavours that won’t disappoint you. TIP! If you don’t have access to rye crackers, you can use any other very crispy cracker of your choice – the crispier the better 🤤
This recipe will start a Deliciously Vegan Tapas series, in which a new drink and food combo will be shared with you simultaneously. Leave a comment on this post telling what your wishes and suggestions for the upcoming recipes are!
Blueberry Gin Sour (1 serving) 🫐
4 cl Gin
2 cl Lemon juice
4 cl Blueberry syrup
1-2 tbsp Aquafaba
For the Blueberry Syrup you’ll need:
1 dl Blueberries
1 dl White sugar
1 dl Water
Vegan Garlic Spread 🧄
250 g Vegan sour cream
3-4 Cloves of garlic
Making the drink:
- Start by preparing the blueberry syrup. Wash and drain the blueberries carefully. Add the blueberries with the sugar and water on to a saucepan. Warm up the mixture on medium heat until the liquid starts to bubble and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the liquid is bubbling, let the mixture simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and lightly mash the blueberries in the pan with the back of a spoon. Set the syrup aside to cool. Once the syrup has cooled down, double drain it to a pitcher to wait.
- To make the drink, add the gin, lemon juice, cooled blueberry syrup and aquafaba to a shaker. Shake the drink for 1 minute.
- After a minute of shaking, add a few pieces of ice to the shaker. Continue to shake the drink for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the drink to a glass of your choice and add 3 blueberries on a triangle pattern on top of the drink. Now ENJOY 💙
Creating the garlic spread:
- Mince the garlic finely and add to a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the same bowl and mix well.
- Let the garlic spread set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This lets the flavours to combine into a heavenly dip!
- Serve the spread with rye crackers, blueberry gin sour and ENJOY 🧡
Leave a Reply to Sustain | sustain-blog.com Cancel reply